Welcome to McDaids Bathroom Plumbing Tiles privacy notice :
At McDaids Bathroom Plumbing Tiles we respect your privacy and protection of your personal data. This document highlights how we look after your personal data when you visit our website, purchase our products or service and informs you of your privacy rights and how the law protects you.
This website may include links to third-party websites, plugins, and other applications, clicking the links or enabling the connections may allow third parties to collect or share data about you. We do not control these websites and we are not liable for their privacy statements. Please read their privacy notice when you click on their links or visit their websites.
You have the right to make a complaint at any time (Data Protection Commissioner (DPC) contact at the end of document before you do that we would appreciate that we deal with your concerns first before approaching the DPC.
1. WHO WE ARE
2. INFORMATION THAT WE COLLECT
3. HOW WE USE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
4. YOUR RIGHTS OVER YOUR DATA
5. SHARING AND DISCLOSING YOUR DATA
6. SAFEGUARDING MEASURES
7. INTERNATIONAL TRANSFERS
8. WHAT DATA BREACH PROCEDURES WE HAVE IN PLACE
9. CONSEQUENCES OF NOT PROVIDING YOUR DATA
10. HOW LONG WE KEEP YOUR DATA
11. LODGING A COMPLAINT
- WHO WE ARE
McDaids Bathroom Plumbing Tiles gather and process your personal information in accordance with this privacy notice and in compliance with the relevant data protection Regulation and law. This notice provides you with the necessary information regarding your rights and obligations and explains how, why and when we collect and process your personal data.
Our website address is:
McDaids Bathroom Plumbing Tiles registered office is at
- INFORMATION THAT WE COLLECT
McDaids Bathroom Plumbing Tiles processes your personal information to meet our legal, statutory and contractual obligations and to provide you with our products and services. We will never collect any unnecessary personal data from you and do not process your information in any way, other than already specified in this notice. Personal data, or personal information, means any information about an individual from which that person can be identified. It does not include data where the identity has been removed (anonymous data).
Personal data is also generated from technical processes such as contact forms, comments, cookies, analytics, and third-party embeds.
Non-Personal Data can be collected by some plugins such as internet protocol (IP) address, your login data, browser type and version, time zone, setting and location, operating systems and other technology on the devices that are used to access the website.
The personal data that we collect is:
Personal data, or personal information, means any information about an individual from which that person can be identified. It does not include data where the identity has been removed (anonymous data). We may collect, use, store and transfer different kinds of personal data about you.
This may include personal data, such as:
- Identity Data name, last name or username
- Contact Databilling address, delivery address, email address and telephone numbers.
- Transactional data purchase information
- Technical data,such as information about cookies.,internet address(IP) your login data, browser type and version, time zone setting and location, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform and other technology on the devices you use to access this website.
- Profile Data includes purchases or orders made by you, feedback and survey responses.
- Usage Data includes information about how you use our website, products, and services.
- Marketing and Communications Data includes your preferences in receiving marketing from us and our third parties and your communication preferences.
We collect information in the below ways:
b. Website Orders
c. Email or Social Media
d. Correspondence by Post
e. Contact Forms
f. Special Offers
i. Google Analytics
♣ When visitors leave comments on the site we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
♣ All uploaded files are usually publicly accessible.
♣ If you upload images to the website, you should avoid uploading images with embedded location data (EXIF GPS) included. Visitors to the website can download and extract any location data from images on the website.
♣ Personal data is captured when someone submits a contact form, and we keep contact form submissions for a certain period for customer service purposes, but we do not use the information submitted through them for marketing purposes.
♣ If you leave a comment on our site you may opt-in to save your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
♣ If you have an account and you log in to this site, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
♣ When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
♣ If you edit or publish an article, an additional cookie will be saved in your browser. This cookie includes no personal data and simply indicates the post ID of the article you just edited. It expires after 1 day.
♣ Third Party
Analytics providers such as Google
Embedded content from other websites
♣ Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
The Non-personal identification information
We may collect non-personal identification information about Users whenever they interact with our Site. The non-personal identification information may include the browser name, the type of computer and technical information about Users means of connection to our Sites, such as the operating system and the Internet service providers utilized and other similar information
Web browser cookies
We do not collect any Special Categories of Personal Data about you this includes details about your race or ethnicity, religious or philosophical beliefs, sex life, sexual orientation, political opinions, trade union membership, information about your health and genetic and biometric data. We do not collect any information about criminal convictions and offences.
- HOW WE USE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
McDaids Bathroom Plumbing Tiles takes your privacy very seriously and will never disclose, share or sell your data without your consent unless required to do so by law.
We only retain your data for as long as is necessary and for the purposes specified in this notice.
Where you have consented to us providing you with promotional offers and marketing, you are free to withdraw consent at any time.
The purposes and reasons for processing your personal data are detailed below:
- We collect your personal data in the performance of a contract or to provide a service and to ensure that orders are completed and can be sent out to your preferred address.
• We collect and store your personal data as part of our legal obligation for business accounting and tax purposes
McDaids Bathroom Plumbing Tiles collects and uses Users personal information for the following purposes:
• To improve customer service
• Your information helps us to more effectively respond to your customer service requests and support needs.
• To improve our Site
• We continually strive to improve our website offerings based on the information and feedback we receive from you.
• To process transactions
• We may use the information Users provide about themselves when placing an order only to provide service to that order. We do not share this information with outside parties except to the extent necessary to provide the service.
• To administer a content, promotion, survey or other Site feature
• To send Users information they agreed to receive about topics we think will be of interest to them.
• To send periodic emails
• The email address Users provide for order processing, will only be used to send them information and updates pertaining to their order. It may also be used to respond to their inquiries, and/or other requests or questions. If User decides to opt-in to our mailing list, they will receive emails that may include company news, updates, related product or service information, etc. If at any time the User would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, we include detailed unsubscribe instructions at the bottom of each email or User may contact us via our Site.
Users may, however, visit our Site anonymously.
We will collect personal identification information from Users only if they voluntarily submit such information to us. Users can always refuse to supply personally identification information, except that it may prevent them from engaging in certain Site related activities.
- YOUR RIGHTS OVER YOUR DATA
You have the right to access any personal information that McDaids Bathroom Plumbing Tiles processes about you and to request information about:
- What personal data we hold about you
• The purposes of the processing
• The categories of personal data concerned
• The recipients to whom the personal data has/will be disclosed
• How long we intend to store your personal data for
• If we did not collect the data directly from you, information about the source
- If you believe that we hold any incomplete or inaccurate data about you, you have the right to ask us to correct and/or complete the information and we will strive to update/correct it as quickly as possible; unless there is a valid reason for not doing so, at which point you will be notified.
- You also have the right to request erasure of your personal data or to restrict processing in accordance with data protection laws, as well as to object to any direct marketing from us and to be informed about any automated decision-making that we use.
- If we receive a request from you to exercise any of the above rights, we may ask you to verify your identity before acting on the relevant request; this is to ensure that your data is protected and kept secure.
- If you have an account on this site or have left comments, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes
- SHARING AND DISCLOSING YOUR DATA
We do not share or disclose any of your personal information without your consent, other than for the purposes specified in this notice or where there is a legal requirement. McDaids Bathroom Plumbing Tiles uses to provide the below services and business functions, however, all processors acting on our behalf only process your data in accordance with instructions from us and comply fully with this privacy notice, the data protection laws, and any other appropriate confidentiality and security measures.
We may share your personal data with the following categories:
Card Processing Providers
PayPal-to process your payment transactions [Ireland]
Visa & Credit Card payment -to process your transactions [Ireland]
Shipping couriers – to deliver your products to your address [Ireland]
Revenue and other authorities in Ireland
Professional Advisers, lawyers, banker’s auditors in Ireland who provide banking, legal and accounting services
Our web hosting that host our website is located in Ireland and they also adhere to GDPR requirements.
- INTERNATIONAL TRANSFERS
We do not transfer data outside the European Economic Zone
- SAFEGUARDING MEASURES
McDaids Bathroom Plumbing Tiles takes your privacy seriously and we take every reasonable measure and precaution to protect and secure your personal data. We work hard to protect you and your information from unauthorised access, alteration, disclosure or destruction and have several layers of security measures in place, including Firewall, SSL, pseudonymisation, practices, IT, authentication and encryption.
We adopt appropriate data collection, storage and processing practices and security measures to protect against unauthorized access, alteration, disclosure or destruction of your personal information, username, password, transaction information and data stored on our Site.
Sensitive and private data exchange between the Site and its Users happens over an SSL secured communication channel and is encrypted and protected with digital measures such as encryption; security measures such as two-factor authentication; and measures such as staff training in data protection. We have carried out a Privacy Impact Assessment, to determine the area of impact.
- WHAT DATA BREACH PROCEDURES WE HAVE IN PLACE
We have in place to deal with data breaches, either potential or real, such as internal reporting systems, contact mechanisms, or bug bounties.
- CONSEQUENCES OF NOT PROVIDING YOUR DATA
You are not obligated to provide your personal information to McDaids Bathroom Plumbing Tiles, however, as this information is required for us to provide you with our services/deliver your products, we will not be able to offer some/all of our products or services without it.
- HOW LONG WE KEEP YOUR DATA
McDaids Bathroom Plumbing Tiles retains your personal data for as long as necessary to provide you with our services as our client. McDaids Bathroom Plumbing Tiles are required under tax laws to keep your personal data for 6 years, Accounting records for a period of 6 years after the end of the financial year and insurance records for a period of 3 Years.
We keep contact form entries for six months, analytics records for a year, and customer purchase records for ten years, some may be more depending as well on guarantees offered by the manufacturers of the products.
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognise and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
For users that register on our website we also store the personal information, they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
You may contact us in relation to retention periods which is available in our retention policy which you can request from us. In circumstances, you may ask us to delete your data as well (see section 4 above)
- LODGING A COMPLAINT
McDaids Bathroom Plumbing Tiles only processes your personal information in compliance with this privacy notice and in accordance with the relevant data protection laws. If, however you wish to raise a complaint regarding the processing of your personal data or are unsatisfied with how we have handled your information, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the supervisory authority.
McDaids Bathroom Plumbing Tiles
Data Protection Officer
+353 (0)74 936 3050
Data Protection Commissioner
+353 (0) 57 8684800
Changes to our privacy notice
McDaids Bathroom Plumbing Tiles may change this notice from time to time. All changes will be posted and updated here. We will notify you directly by email (if we hold one for you) if any significant changes occur. We advise you to check back here frequently to review the most current version of this notice. Please keep us informed if your personal data changes during our relationship with us by emailing us if possible.
This Statement was last updated on 16/05/2018